PARTICIPANT RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- I, the undersigned, understand and am aware that the participation in rope access, rescue and confined spaces training (the “Training”) involves inherent risks and dangers. The Training involves work at heights and in conditions that may not comply with provincial safety codes due to the specific nature of the Training provided.
- I understand that I am responsible for my own voluntary participation and aware that the Training does not eliminate the hazards and risks of my participation.
- I understand that the risks and dangers associated with participation in the Training include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Full or partial paralysis,
- Traumatic brain injury,
- Loss of limbs or loss of use of limbs,
- Soft tissue injuries,
- Heart attack,
- Complications due to pre-existing conditions or past medical history,
- Equipment failure,
- Risk of falling from heights,
- Risk of falling due to uneven or hazardous terrain,
- Risk of being struck by objects that are dislodged or thrown during Training,
- Exposure to weather elements and forces of nature due to Training outdoors.
- I certify that I am physically capable of performing the Training at heights and I have no medical conditions or impairments that could be aggravated by strenuous activity or my participation in the Training. Specifically, I certify that I do not have a history of asthma, epilepsy, vertigo, heart disease, alcohol or drug abuse, diabetes, impairment of limb or nervous function, high blood pressure, or fear of heights. I also certify I am not currently taking any medications that could influence my coordination or my ability to participate in the Training.
- I understand that Structure Group Ltd. [“Structure Group”] does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide myself or my heirs with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to, medical, health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of any injury, illness, death or damage to property belonging to myself.
- I agree to release and discharge Structure Group, its members, directors, agents,
employees, insurers and all affiliated corporations from all liability and legal or equitable responsibility whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise due to any injury sustained by me or caused by me that is in any way related to my participation in the Training and it includes, but is not limited to, any negligence, errors, omissions, or equipment failure on the part of Structure Group, its members, directors, agents, insurers employees, and affiliated corporations. I personally assume any and all risks associated with the activities I choose to engage in as part of the Training. I agree to immediately notify the instructor or a staff member of Structure Group if I feel I am unable to continue with the Training or complete certain tasks associated with the Training.
- I agree that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta.
- I have not relied upon any representations made to me in signing this release.
- I understand and agree to be bound by Structure Group’s cancellation and refund policy in the event I cancel my course booking, terms of which are as follows:
- Cancellations occurring 28 days or more before the class start date = full refund given;
- Cancellations between 14 to 27 days prior to the class start date = 50% refund given;
- Cancellations occurring less than 14 days prior to the class start date = NO REFUND given.
- By signing below, I certify that:
- I am at least 18 years of age,
- I have read and understood the above Release of Liability and Waiver of
- I enter into this Release of Liability and Waiver of Claims willingly and voluntarily on behalf of myself and my heirs.